Friday, November 23, 2012

In Tasmania

I love Tazzie. I have been working as a casual with the Tasmaina Symphony Orchestra for over 15 years. They are wonderful in every way. Last night was Chirelles leaving do, after 37 years in the orchestra. And Rob has been there longer! I have seen many functions like this over the years. They are like a big family, but one that plays fantastically well.

Last week was remarkable, my first chance to work with Ashkenzy. Lovely bloke, great musician. There was a real buzz on stage and in the audience.

I will play my last gig on the Kennedy this weekend, in Launceston. The last time I played there in mid 2010 was my last gig on another English bass, my Tarr.

Before the TSO work I was lucky enough to work with Firebird Trio and Caroline Henbest, performing the Trout in the Salon, at Melbourne's Recital Centre. Wow, great fun working with such talented musos, it was a blast. Josie Vains plays a Kennedy cello, and the photos shows us comparing Kennedys just before going on stage. Trust a cellist to jump straight into thumb position!! Her cellos makes the same sound as my bass, rich dark English heaven.

My fixed bookings for 2013 are on the Gigs page - some great stuff coming up with MSO and TSO. The "gaps" kin the diary are filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment