Friday, January 29, 2016

OV Contract coming to an end

Apologies to my regular readers (er, both of you!) for my tardiness in posting update on my website and blog. I have been busy, but that is no excuse.

My contract as acting princpal bass with OV ends at the end of November. It has been full, challenging and varied. Solo, chamber, small orchestra, ballet, opera and full symphony orchestra repertoire have provided lots of fun and notes.

It all started with a symphony concert and lots of chamber gigs in Bendigo in August, see photo.

A six week ballet season was next up, with Stravinskys Symphony in 3 Movements followed by the Australian Ballet's new version of Sleeping Beauty, including a CD recording.

October was a month of smaller projects such as the Herald Sun Aria competition, Mostly Mozart and Morning Melodies. And we are now in the opera season, where the main course is Mozart's glorious Marriage of Figaro.


No comments:

Post a Comment