Wednesday, February 11, 2015

October 2015

In October the weather can be varied - so too the gigs.

The month began with an interesting program with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. There were two guitar concertos in the middle (that I was roster off) - by Rodrigo (the famous one) and Tan Dun. I was there for the two glorious Debussy pieces, LÁpres Midi and Images 2 - Iberia. The older I get the more I love impressionist French music.

Next I was down to Fish Creek for a new program in a new venue. Waratah Hills Vineyard is making wonderful pinot noirs as well as a great range of other top drops. Its a spectacular setting in the midst of rolling Gippsland hills, and has an intimate space for chamber concerts. I took my group Kammermusik down for a quartet concert on 4th Oct. Great audience, really buzz, fun all round. And I got a chance to play Failing again, which is always fun. We gave the world premier of my version of the 6 German Dances by Mozart, K600.

Next it was off across the Bass Strait for 3 programs with the TSO:-
Ballet music - Nutcracker and Swan Lake, as well as Barbers quirky Cello Concerto
Education concert - features Little Red Riding Hood
Conductor workshops - where for one session I was the only bass, playing Shostakovitch Symphony no 9!! Among other gems

And finally we did started our last major Kammermusik program for the year with a concert at the Celia Rosser Gallery at Fish Creek. We played Rossinis string sonata no1 in G in between two Dvorak epics - the Terzetto and quintet in G

No comments:

Post a Comment