Monday, October 11, 2010

14 Sept 2010 CBSO Casual Audition

The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra hold casual auditions held by the principal, John Tattersdill.
It was a change of bass again – I picked up my 3rd instrument, a Kennedy just after I arrived back in the UK in June. Pension is in Germany right now – a good mate of mine is borrowing it for an audition over there. So different country, but its playing the same repertoire, and doing auditions, just like the Kennedy is in the UK.
John is a really nice bloke – I took a large wad of excerpts that I have been preparing. He listened to:-
Beethoven 9 – Recit, finale, the usual section
Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique – 5th movement, the Witches Sabbath
Both were fine.
Outcome – success, I am on the casual list. Hurray. Now we hope the orchestras cuts are not too severe, so that they can afford casuals, and book me!

No comments:

Post a Comment